Skip to main content

[뮤직Q] Simon & Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence

사이먼 앤 가펑클(Simon & Garfunkel)
사운드 오브 사일런스(The Sound of Silence)



Simon & Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence



Written By Paul Simon
Produced by Tom Wilson
Remixed by Tom Wilson
Engineered By Roy Halee
Vocals Art Garfunkel & Paul Simon
Guitar Paul Simon, Vinnie Bell & Al Gorgoni
Bass Guitar Bob Bushnell
Drums Bobby Gregg
Recorded At Columbia Studios
Album Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M.
Release Date October 1, 1964


LYRICS


[Verse 1]
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

[Verse 2]
In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by
The flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

[Verse 3]
And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence

[Verse 4]
"Fools", said I, "You do not know
Silence like a cancer grows
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms that I might reach you"
But my words, like silent raindrops fell
And echoed in the wells of silence

[Verse 5]
And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said:
"The words of the prophets are
Written on the subway walls
And tenement halls
And whispered in the sound of silence."










http://justclick.vn/upload/product/2014/12/22/20141222144954_286673.jpg

Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M. (1964)

Simon & Garfunkel

1. You Can Tell The World
2. Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream
3. Bleecker Street
4. Sparrow
5. Benedictus
6. The Sound of Silence
7. He Was My Brother
8. Peggy-O
9. Go Tell It On The Mountain
10. The Sun is Burning
11. The Times They are a-Changin'
12. Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M.
13. Bleecker Street - Demo
14. He Was My Brother - Alternate Take 1
15. The Sun Is Burning - Alternate Take 12




https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b6/41/d6/b641d62dce00822768fe4879ffece19f.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/12/77/9d/12779d30e2dad29e872da8c8209973de.jpg
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2822761.1475951393!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/simon9n-21-web.jpg









#Live Version

Simon & Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence

Live in Central Park (1981)




junatown@gmail.com



Comments